My philosophy is that any yahoo with a credit card can buy a great bottle of wine when money's no object, so the excitement for me comes from finding a great value, and sharing it with you. After all, a terrific wine is made better when shared with friends. (Same with cocktails!)

Friday, April 27, 2007

Wine of the Week - Finca Los Primos Malbec


As I'm sitting here watching the game, I'm sipping a wine that I just realized hasn't made it as a Wine of the Week yet. I've mentioned the Finca Los Primos 2006 Malbec a few times, but haven't properly written it up. Shame on me.

This is a hot climate wine with slightly high alcohol at 14% from very ripe fruit. It's a dark purple colour, there's a lot of ripe plum flavour, and some black pepper on the nose. The tannins are soft - this is for drinking now. While there aren't layers and layers of complexity, this is a smooth, easy drinking wine, and a tremendous value at $9.95. Buy it by the case and keep it on hand as your standard Tuesday wine. It'll also work well when you need a wine for stews, braising or sangria, and you want to use something good while not breaking the bank.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just bought a bottle of the Finca Los Primos Malbec.

What a lovely surprise! Again. Someone brought it to my house recently. Enjoyed it then; enjoying it now.

Good wine to cook with and to drink while cooking...

Cheers

Irene