My philosophy is that any yahoo with a credit card can buy a great bottle of wine when money's no object, so the excitement for me comes from finding a great value, and sharing it with you. After all, a terrific wine is made better when shared with friends. (Same with cocktails!)

Monday, April 7, 2008

Sonora Ranch Semillon-Chardonnay

This is my party wine. It's everything you want in a crisp, dry crowd pleaser, and it's only $9.29. When I'm having a ton of people over with vastly different wine backgrounds, I try to avoid serving the expensive stuff. I'd rather save those bottles for my friends who care about wine, and then we'll pair something to go specifically with it. This stuff will please a lot of folks, and won't offend anyone. Drink it, cook with it, make sangria - it's a versatile budget wine, and there aren't a lot of those from BC.

There's lots of baked red apple on the nose, and tangy pineapple and citrus zest on the tongue. At 12.5% alcohol it's a tiny bit hot (a.k.a. I can taste the alcohol) but at such a great price I should just drink up and stop nit picking.

No comments: